Saturday, October 30, 2010

North to Alaska, Go North the Rush is On

I took this photo when I was 21 years of age. I turn 25 in a little over two weeks. That makes my head hurt. The 40 had just won the juke bomber award or something on it's maiden voyage up to the Bay Area for the Asphalt Invitational (Rip). A lot of change, to a lot of different things in this photo. The 40 ford has had the cosmetic once over, and now is starting to get back to faded paint. The roadster pick-up, "chief" is getting fitted for a fur coat and pimp chalice, and Rick Rojas of Rojas Speed and Style in Santa Barbara, Calif. (behind the 40) just had his first son this morning. 
I've been out of Campbell, Calif. , my home for almost 19 years, a total of 6 years now. It's not that crazy to most, (especially, those of my friends who had no choice but to leave their birth places) but there is much to be explored, and far too much to learn. 

1 comment:

sin said...

Congrats to Rick. Happy Birthday. there is so out there, gonna be sick when we all hit the road.