Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Loose Change

(Disclaimer): I promise to only make cheesy post like this on a once or twice bi-monthly cycle.

2002: Palo Alto Skate Park aka Greer
2010: Pedestrian Bridge, Rancho San Diego
Photo: Rob Stephen@2010 http://www.robstephen.com/
I've recently come to the self realization, that people don't change. We get older, we intake new information and experience, learn from mistakes(some more then others), approach situations from a new perspective, but at our core we are the same person we are from youth. Youth junkies, searching for that drug that's going to be as good as it was the first time we had it. We essentially want the same simplistic things we've always wanted. Maybe they get a bit grandiose and lofty (or focused and specific, for those who have the head for that). This comes with getting older. At my idealistic core, I want the same things I've wanted since I was young.

The only thing that changes are the outlets for obtaining said happiness......and pubic hair.

And Neil Young's heart of gold makes me want to learn steel guitar. But maybe I'm just a lazy musician. Or not one at all.


1 comment: